Why not view our other blog at CKD Boats cc

Looking for info on boats? all sorts of stuff has been posted now on the first blog. Why not try Roys other blog, he has over 3300 entries in there. That blog is full of information and pictures,its really about one mans life. Designed for those who enjoy boats, cars, traveling , plus in some cases, finding out how to fix things yourself. We also started a third blog which is mainly about the two shops, my daughters started. plus odd ends about me and some I have known.



http://decorinspirations.blogspot.com/















How hard can this be?















Try this link. http://ckdboats.blogspot.com/







Thursday 10 May 2012

The Hillman Imp sport cylinder head

This one is probably based on the sports 108 series head, its a special head in that the valves are a lot larger and the combustion chamber has been profiled around the larger inlet valve.

Note the Wills Ring grooves.

My own race Imp had the same valve treatment, I shaped and ported the head myself, it sure worked!



Heads like this are never cheap, just the series 108 head can cost plenty, I have just been offered one this week.



My own full race 998cc Imp engine, based on the early Mk1 block and head, that was what I had and there was no way I could fund a Mk2 engine, Sport engines just did not exist in South Africa at that time, not any for sale anyway.

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment