Why not view our other blog at CKD Boats cc

Looking for info on boats? all sorts of stuff has been posted now on the first blog. Why not try Roys other blog, he has over 3300 entries in there. That blog is full of information and pictures,its really about one mans life. Designed for those who enjoy boats, cars, traveling , plus in some cases, finding out how to fix things yourself. We also started a third blog which is mainly about the two shops, my daughters started. plus odd ends about me and some I have known.



http://decorinspirations.blogspot.com/















How hard can this be?















Try this link. http://ckdboats.blogspot.com/







Monday 4 June 2012

How to machine a welded top edge of the Imp block

Check the link, pictures will be posted here later.

http://ckdboats.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-to-mill-hillman-imp-block-after.html

There are three parts to this blog now, the rest of the story will follow.



Is this 998cc Hillman Imp alloy block scrap, lets find out!

To date I have first milled the excess welds off the blog using a milling cutter and special jig (easy to make) then finding that the Timing Chain Cover was higher than the block, revised the jig and then milled that away. This now means I can re use that jig for the same purpose at any time later.

The re fitting of the steel 998cc liners went to plan, I devised a method of removing the alloy that was stopping the liners fitting, the next morning it was cooler than the previous afternoon when I had re fitted the liners and I found the liners would not come out again. I placed the block outside in the morning sun, when the block had warmed up the liners would come out. So even using my hands on method I was seeing a reasonable tollerence fit.

These methods you can do yourself, you will need a decent electric router and a drill, plus some machine tools you can buy easy enough. More on the subject later.



Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment