Why not view our other blog at CKD Boats cc

Looking for info on boats? all sorts of stuff has been posted now on the first blog. Why not try Roys other blog, he has over 3300 entries in there. That blog is full of information and pictures,its really about one mans life. Designed for those who enjoy boats, cars, traveling , plus in some cases, finding out how to fix things yourself. We also started a third blog which is mainly about the two shops, my daughters started. plus odd ends about me and some I have known.



http://decorinspirations.blogspot.com/















How hard can this be?















Try this link. http://ckdboats.blogspot.com/







Thursday 20 February 2014

The original Imp Laycock clutch and pressure plate

Whats so original about this you may ask?

Well the Hillman Imp came out in May of 1963 and its said that it was the first car to use this clutch plate design?


The car that used this design first is said to be the John Cooper F1 car and in 1962!


This is the later Mk2 size, its 6 1/4" in diameter and larger than the first cars.


Now I used to race a 998ccc Mk1 Imp here in Cape Town around 1972, I can not remember fitting a larger clutch?

Its said that the reason the smaller clutch plate was failing is back in the early sixties it was quite common for drivers to use second gear to move off as with cars they had driven before they were three speed and first was very low.

True or false?

Roy

1 comment:

  1. I liked the article since it is related to Clutch Replacement. I was looking for a service like this. One of my friends had suggested me to go there but was not sure if it was a good idea or not

    ReplyDelete