Why not view our other blog at CKD Boats cc

Looking for info on boats? all sorts of stuff has been posted now on the first blog. Why not try Roys other blog, he has over 3300 entries in there. That blog is full of information and pictures,its really about one mans life. Designed for those who enjoy boats, cars, traveling , plus in some cases, finding out how to fix things yourself. We also started a third blog which is mainly about the two shops, my daughters started. plus odd ends about me and some I have known.



http://decorinspirations.blogspot.com/















How hard can this be?















Try this link. http://ckdboats.blogspot.com/







Friday 2 March 2012

Hebburn lads van restored

The words below are from the Hebburn on Tyne web site, always good to visit and see what they are up to
try http://www.hebburn.org/

Hi mike,it was me in the little bedford 1954, I was driving it around to bed the brakes in, then I took it for MOT test to Noble,s MOT felling and apart from a few surface cracks in the tyre sidewalls, it passed, it has 600x16 tyres on it , cross ply and it is a devil to keep in a straight line, the vans were supplied new with this type of tyre, as that is all that was available then Jag,s and other high speed cars also had them fitted, I could put a set of radials on it, but it just would not look right but I bet it would handle a lot better, I saw you flashing Mike and thought to myself, it must be one of the Hebburn lads, I had been down Finchale road prior to that, Alan.



I think I would be fitting those new radial tyres those old cross plys may be well past it by now?



This looks like a first class restoration.

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment