Why not view our other blog at CKD Boats cc

Looking for info on boats? all sorts of stuff has been posted now on the first blog. Why not try Roys other blog, he has over 3300 entries in there. That blog is full of information and pictures,its really about one mans life. Designed for those who enjoy boats, cars, traveling , plus in some cases, finding out how to fix things yourself. We also started a third blog which is mainly about the two shops, my daughters started. plus odd ends about me and some I have known.



http://decorinspirations.blogspot.com/















How hard can this be?















Try this link. http://ckdboats.blogspot.com/







Sunday 1 April 2012

How to connect a Smiths RV1 5000/00A rev counter

I wish I knew, as I found one just yesterday in a small car boot type sale.


This Smiths rev counter was in a bit of a mess, contact glue having been applied to the original plastic housing. With the internals removed I could clean that some.

Wires, well there is a black one, that was connected to nothing, there is a red and white one which clearly feeds the internal light.


Nice size, nice price and if it works a nice addition to the families 1967 Singer Chamois.

The ones that do the work will be the brown one, that was on a screw named 8 cyl, the blue wire was on a screw named 4 & 6 cyl, then two white wires, they like the brown and green wires enter the instrument via the mount stalk.

I have a fitting instruction for the Smiths ICT-02 ICT-03 rev counter, it clearly says :

Read these instructions carefully! incorrect connections may cause instant and permanent damage to the instrument or ignition system.

I think I will take this unit to Charles the guy who checked the wires on the Fraser replica Imp.

Roy

The Lotus Elan forum has this on the subject 

http://www.lotuselan.net/publish/bouncing_tach.shtml


No comments:

Post a Comment