Why not view our other blog at CKD Boats cc

Looking for info on boats? all sorts of stuff has been posted now on the first blog. Why not try Roys other blog, he has over 3300 entries in there. That blog is full of information and pictures,its really about one mans life. Designed for those who enjoy boats, cars, traveling , plus in some cases, finding out how to fix things yourself. We also started a third blog which is mainly about the two shops, my daughters started. plus odd ends about me and some I have known.



http://decorinspirations.blogspot.com/















How hard can this be?















Try this link. http://ckdboats.blogspot.com/







Monday 6 February 2012

Cape South Easter,Killarney 2012 event

So whats this got to do with Hillman Imps? well, everything and nothing but there were three very positive links for me.


This was a very balanced program,both the actual racing and the format of print,its really nice quality.This was for me a very good value for money at the ticket price of R80. The organisation is demanding,how do you control,the public,plus I think an entry of over 265 race cars,drivers and their team.Think about it!


click on the picture,it should enlarge.

I was not surprised to find the long list of past saloon car drivers and what a list it is.


What did surprise me was to find a list of British Saloon Car champions,a close look reveals the Bill McGovern was the champion three years running,thats 1970 to 1972 but a closer look shows that the Chrysler cars won six out of the eighteen years posted.It was Bernard Unett we can thank for that with his Hillman and Chrysler Avenger race cars.Bernard was no stranger to racing Imps of course.


The programs rear cover.

So to me,here on the 40th year since my last entry in the Cape South Easter race ( 08/01/1972) I am finding a link to the Imp and Rootes/Chrysler cars,seems they were not half bad?

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment