Why not view our other blog at CKD Boats cc

Looking for info on boats? all sorts of stuff has been posted now on the first blog. Why not try Roys other blog, he has over 3300 entries in there. That blog is full of information and pictures,its really about one mans life. Designed for those who enjoy boats, cars, traveling , plus in some cases, finding out how to fix things yourself. We also started a third blog which is mainly about the two shops, my daughters started. plus odd ends about me and some I have known.



http://decorinspirations.blogspot.com/















How hard can this be?















Try this link. http://ckdboats.blogspot.com/







Monday 6 February 2012

Seat belts,genuine SABS approved,made by Irvin

This was an Item an Imp Club member commented on. Robin Human and his girl friend took our 1967 Singer Chamois for a drive,when he got in the car he commented on the genuine Irvin seat belts. I had taken them off the car when I rebuilt it seventeen years before,then after washing the webbing,put them back,never thinking about how rare they may be?

These will have been fitted in South Africa,there is an SABS mark on them,as all Imps came from the factory with seat belts ready fitted,I wonder why this might be?


Even the retaining bolts have the Irwin parachute  logo on them.

 Rare? I guess so,I have one more set in stock but not the bolts with the logo on.


More than one lift plate type was in production,I have a set of both,were there others?


The other side,that takes the lift plate,you need to keep tension on this type of buckle,they will fall loose otherwise.


Even the small ends were branded.


Special fastners to ensure a perfect fit.


This end fastner was used to keep the over the shoulder webbing end clear of the Singer Chamois wood work.


Henry wonders what the fuss is about?

Irvin was a Canadian,he was also the very first man to jump from an airplane with an invention he named the Parachute,it must have worked!


1 comment:

  1. It is certainly interesting for me to read this post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this

    ReplyDelete