Why not view our other blog at CKD Boats cc

Looking for info on boats? all sorts of stuff has been posted now on the first blog. Why not try Roys other blog, he has over 3300 entries in there. That blog is full of information and pictures,its really about one mans life. Designed for those who enjoy boats, cars, traveling , plus in some cases, finding out how to fix things yourself. We also started a third blog which is mainly about the two shops, my daughters started. plus odd ends about me and some I have known.



http://decorinspirations.blogspot.com/















How hard can this be?















Try this link. http://ckdboats.blogspot.com/







Tuesday 14 February 2012

Installing disc brakes on the Hillman Imp

That is the fronts only, the 8" drum brakes on the rear are plenty large enough,larger than some modern cars have these days?


 I chose to remove the front hub and do the assembly on the bench, the use of my large vice was very helpfull. You can do the job with the hub still on the car if needed?


The stub axle is secure in the Record (england) vice,leaving me with both hands to work on the fitting.



This looks like it was made for the car, in some ways it was.



This was a first for me, I doubt it will be my last, the kit quality is just superb!


Fitting this imported disk brake kit was a pleasure, another set arrived later for another car, the owner  installed those himself and is delighted with the results.



They look like they belong?


http://www.theimpclub.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment