Why not view our other blog at CKD Boats cc

Looking for info on boats? all sorts of stuff has been posted now on the first blog. Why not try Roys other blog, he has over 3300 entries in there. That blog is full of information and pictures,its really about one mans life. Designed for those who enjoy boats, cars, traveling , plus in some cases, finding out how to fix things yourself. We also started a third blog which is mainly about the two shops, my daughters started. plus odd ends about me and some I have known.



http://decorinspirations.blogspot.com/















How hard can this be?















Try this link. http://ckdboats.blogspot.com/







Friday 10 February 2012

Dennis fire engine in Trinidad

Trinidad isle is the isle furthest south in the Carribean chain of islands,it also the most technical and has a long history of British rule with a thriving oil industry. Tarmac of course originally came from their vast lakes of pitch,still there today but I guess may be running low. Or maybe it keeps coming back up to the surface,I should have asked when I was there on one of my trips?

 Ocean Cloud can be seen further back tied to the dock,its an Endurance 37 yacht. Click on the picture to enlarge it, you can see quite clearly then.

Pictures by R McBride using a Canon FT film camera.Circa 1989.



We had arrived as a family on board our yacht Ocean Cloud,its at the FBYC right now. The TTYA, which stands for Trinidad and Tobago Yachting Association, hosted us and we were well received.The TTYA premises are on the last bus stop out of Port of Spain and one stop before Chaguaramas,which is the last stop.

A Rolls Royce engine,there were two fire engines I think?

Across the road from the TTYA was an abandoned Dennis fire engine,it looked quite complete,under the bonnet was a nice eight cylinder Rolls Royce engine,what a find,How do I take it back to Cape Town was on my mind for weeks! I never did of course, I have often wondered why it came to rest where it did, it had gone last time I was in Trinidad.

No comments:

Post a Comment